Saturday, February 26, 2005

ME as a Financial Advisor?

The previous entry was a personality result from an interview that I went for yesterday.

The interview was for a Financial Advisor position and though I had kinda expected it (the lady refused to tell me what position I was interviewing for on the phone), I didnt quite expect the kind of salary that a FA would earn in the 1st year alone. I have to agreed that the monetary reward is quite good, very good in fact (which is why the top 10 earners in Singapore are often FAs or property agents)... The interviewer also showed me news articles of some of the FAs in Singapore. There was this NUS guy who part-timed as FA while studying and could earn about $8k every month. By the time he graduated, he had bought himself a new condo and a new car. Then there's another lady who bought herself a condo in Orchard by the time she was 25. I was very tempted to ask the interviewer about her monthly salary but was too paiseh to ask haha... I mean... All those highlighted cases are always the exceptional cases right (Think Jonathan Quek)... We shd talk abt the normal average monthly salary right?

I tried to imagine myself talking to at least 25 strangers every week to get at least 3 new accounts every month. I find it quite disgusting actually :/ Dont think it's something that I wanna do in the long run... But at least the interview had prompt me to start thinking about what I wanna do for my career. While talking to the interviewer, I realised I had answered myself while telling her why I wanna be a brand executive instead of a FA. In fact, I do not necessary have to be a brand executive.. hmmm... nice.... Heh...

Hold on a second... Do I want a job or a career? Hmmm...

No comments: