Sunday, January 27, 2008

My fave drama serial of the month

Yeah... This show is only screened on Channel U on Sat and Sun, and I've been staying at home for the last 3-4 weekends for this show. I finally cannot stand it and spend the night watching the remaining episodes on tudou yesterday. Finally done with the show at 4am in the morning, and feeling sad for this character.

Actually, I only watched this show on and off when it first started. But since the weekend I spent at home to paint the house, I've been stuck to the show. It's about the tragic life of this girl called 黄真伊 (hence the title, duh) and is apparently based on a true character who was a famous 艺妓 (courtesan) in the 16th century. If the story was true, then 黄真伊 has a pretty sad life man. First of all, she's supposed to be pretty, smart and talented, but she's stuck to her occupation (they have to perform for the noblemen and then sleep with them). Secondly, she cannot marry a man she love because of her lowly status... some weird law which stated that noble men cannot marry a courtesan. It's against the law, can you imagine? The emperor wanted to spare her and her husband, and asked them to flee and hide away from the world, but she refused his goodwill, even though she was pregnant already, probably because she saw how her husband's talent had gone to waste in the 3 yrs they were hiding. So... they both went back to their previous lives.... as a courtesan and a Ritual Minister respectively (dont ask me what a Ritual Minister does, I have no idea too)

At the end of the drama, 黄真伊 found what a true dancer should be, but she didnt become the Band Director. Because all the judges felt that a band director is someone who can recognise a true talent, which is what Furong (黄真伊's dance rival/competitor) is. The talented 黄真伊 then spent the remaining of her life dancing, but alone.......

So anyway, the songs and costumes used in this show are nice too. Dont understand a word of the korean lang in the songs, but I can feel the sadness in the songs. Haha... Like what 黄真伊 said - the best dance in the world is a one that everyone can enjoy and understand the emotion in it, regardless of the status. So... the best song is one that everyone can enjoy and understand regardless of the lang right? Haha....

You can hear it for free here:

http://www.ting98.com/player.aspid=118993,118996,118994,119001,118997,118995,118998,119000,118999,119008,119005,119002,119006,119004,119003

No comments: