Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bleah

Had nothing better to go 2 nights ago, and since Shillyshally said that e previous skin of my blog made it hard for people to read, I decided to change it while having the tv on at 7pm (haha.. like you need to know)..


It was the commencement ceremony yesterday. For NUS and NTU peeps, commencement is also known as convocation in your uni. Convocation is a ceremony to welcome freshmen in SMU. It's called commencement in the US and since we adopt the US education system, it is therefore commencement. Haha.. Crap..


So anyway, commencement was quite boring, but nice. Boring cos we all had to sit through many speeches and because my surname starts with "N", I had to clap for people from "A" to "M". Luckily there were only 500 business grads for my batch. We were so bored that we counted and it took 7-10 secs for each person to shake hand with the dean and take picture. Haha... It was nice cos it has been quite a while since I last met up with some of my uni good friends, such as Teresa, Wan'en, Mad, Mimi, Mich etc etc. Have spent many memorable times with these people doing projects and productions.


It was chaotic after the ceremony. There were generally 2 groups of people at the reception: the first group of people, comprising mostly parents, were grabbing for food like hungry ghosts (cant blame them. we were all famished when the thing ended) and the other group were people in their harry potter suits posing for pictures with their harry potter friends.


Poor harry potters (including me). We were all trying to locate our friends and family members at the same time. For instance, I found Yizheng and took a few pictures with her. When I turned back my head, my mom and grandma were missing! And when I turned back to look for Yizheng again, she went missing too! Haiyo... chaotic... The place wasnt big (it was at Raffles Convention Centre, at Swisshotel) but Sharooon had to call 2 times to locate me. Randy called and couldnt reach me. I had to put people on hold for 2 secs for the camera (i was like "hey, u wait. I take picture with XXX. After 2 secs: "hello.. ya, I am at xxx, near xxx...") Haha.. funny on thinking back...


It was a good thing that parents were as usual, KS (including my mom and grandma). They were so excited that they were done with photo-taking before the ceremony even started. Haha.. So by the time it ended, it was photo-taking session with just friends. The parents just stood around and ate. My mom said that the food was good. DAMN! I saw the pastries and cakes and they certainly looked good but there was simply no time to eat! There were other foods too, but I was only eyeing the desserts. There were alot left when I left the place, but I was too tired to eat by then. Haha..


There was so little time for everybody. My class and I are meeting up for dinner tomorrow. Heh.. I refused to make the reservation this time round! The rude staff at Scott's Crystal Jade didnt register my reservation and I became the limelight during the last dinner. Hmph.. Dont care... Everyone shall wait for a table tomorrow! :P


Anyone jobs, people? I am officially unemployed!

No comments: